- Mental Imagery applications in psychotherapy & hypnotherapy
- Delivered over three non consecutive days
- Written and delivered by Kinga Oldham, MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- 21 CPD hours (three separate certificates)
The programme is:
- grounded in practical experience of the author
- filled with practical exercises
- Day 1: Introduction to mental imagery
- Day 2: The next step with mental imagery
- Day 3: Advanced applications of mental imagery
- explain main principles of working with imagery
- introduce techniques to address psychological and physical distress
- focus on working with emotions
- provide experiential learning
- £90 per person per day
Rationale for using mental imagery in counselling/psychotherapy:
- Problematic imagery is reported by clients with almost all mental health conditions.
- Exploring imagery enhances assessment process (Beck, 2005).
- Incorporating imagery can significantly boost therapeutic progress.
- Ability to employ imagery techniques is included in core CBT competency framework (Roth & Pilling, 2007).
I also delivered a lecture on this subject, at the University of Salford in 2017.
Beck J.S. (2005) Cognitive Therapy for Challenging problems. New York. Guilford
Roth, A. D., & Pilling, S. (2007). The competences required to deliver effective cognitive and behavioural therapy for people with depression and with anxiety disorders.